Image Map

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

New Blog Design & Job Change


How do you like my new blog design?  I LOVE  it oh so much! It was actually redesigned way back in April.  I know.  Shame on me...I haven't blogged in FOREVER!  I promise to do my best to blog more going forward. 
Back to my new blog design...So, Gabby from Gabby's Classrooms designed my blog. 

Gabbys Classrooms

Isn't it Ah-Mazing?!??!  I can't sing her praises enough.  She is so easy to work with and she's very affordable.  I searched high and low before deciding on a designer.  If you're in the market for a new blog design, you should definitely check her out!  Thank you Gabby!

Now on to my job change news. Not just a job change, but also changing districts.  So, I've been working in a district other than where I live for ten years.   I really enjoyed my time there and made so many wonderful friends.  You might be thinking, "Then why change?"

 
 
These two are my reasons.  As they get older I really need to be closer to home. (Note:  I have a son, but he is 19 and spends very little time with us.)  And there you have it.  Sometimes a mama has to do what's best for her kids.  So for the BIG NEWS...
 
 
So, I have been trying to get a job in the small town where I live for about 3 years.  When I finally landed an interview it was for 4th grade ELA. 4th grade! This grade level is way out of my comfort zone.  I've pretty much only taught and worked with Primary grade levels.  Even while teaching intervention for K-5 reading and math the past two years, it was kinda like teaching primary.  We taught intervention below grade level, so teaching my 4th and 5th graders was like teaching 2nd or 3rd grade.  Hey even my blog is Primary Essentials.  After I accepted the job I was like...
 
 
And I may have even cried.  The tears were more about my friends and the students I would be leaving.  I built some great relationships with some students and will miss them dearly.  I am however excited about my new journey.  I have a lot to learn about dealing with big kids and teaching the 4th grade ELA TEKS (our standards in Texas).
 
I'll still be creating products and blogging about primary things as well as some 4th grade stuff.  It's going to be an interesting school year.  I've been working in my classroom a few hours each day for about a week and a half.  I can't wait to show you my decorations.
 
Well, that's all I've got!  See you around the blogging world!



No comments:

Post a Comment